JCUW fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our county. We do this work with deep partnerships and collaborations. The funds raised from the annual campaign go to support our 20 certified community partners and their program work focused on their part of our mission.
Each and every day, these organizations are creating hope for individuals and families in need, through their partnership to advance lasting-change in education, health, and financial stability. Not one organization can do this work alone. Our work to create a stronger community is challenging, all encompassing, and weaved together. We continue to create opportunities for collective impact where all organizations are working to create a stronger community.
With these community goals, we are proud to announce the support of these certifed partners and programs:
Community Goal: Every person is supported and grows into a successful adult.
Ensuring that all children in our community enter adulthood with the self-sufficiency and life skills they need to succeed is a crucial investment in the future – both for individuals and the community as a whole.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southeast Indiana: Community Based Mentoring & Lunch Buddies
- Boys & Girls Club: Indiana Kids
- Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana: Scouting
- Girls Inc.: Afterschool Programming & Summer Camp
- Human Services: Head Start
- Read Jackson County & Latina Plaza: Classes
Community Goal: Every person engages in healthy relationships and a healthy lifestyle.
One’s health impacts employment and productivity, academic achievement and financial stability. It is critical to invest in the health of all people in our county to lead healthy and productive lives and be an active, contributing members of society.
- Anchor House: Food Pantry
- The Arc of Jackson County: Health Matters
- Boy Scouts of America Hoosier Trails Council: Reducing Childhood Obesity & Establishing Healthy Habits
- Boys & Girls Club: Fit 365
- Child Care Network: Jackson County GAL/CASA
- Girls Inc. of Jackson County: Will Power- Won't Power & Wise Guys: Preventing Adolescent Pregnancy & Friendly PEERsusasion: Substance Abuse Prevention Program
- Mental Health America of Jackson County: Mental Health & Wellness
- Senior Citizens Centers in Brownstown, Crothersville, Freetown, Medora, and Seymour and Meals on Wheels
- Turning Point: Direct Services & Primary Prevention Program
Community Goal: All families and individuals are economically stable and resilient.
Financial stability not only contributes to an individual and families’ economic stability but also to overall community well-being.
- American Red Cross: Emergency Services
- Anchor House: Residential Services
- Boys & Girls Club: Family PLUS
- Human Services: Coaching for Success
- Salvation Army: Emergency Assistance Program