United Way is building healthier, more resilient communities by promoting healthy eating and physical activitiy, expanding access to quality health care and integrating health into everyday life.
Our Goal: Every person engages in healthy relationships and a healthy lifestyle.
One’s health impacts employment and productivity, academic achievement and financial stability. It is critical to invest in the health of all people in our county to lead healthy and productive lives and be active, contributing members of society.
1. Residents feel connected to their neighbors and community.
2. Residents have the opportunity and knowledge to reach out for mental health, substance abuse, and other health support needs (e.g.: dental & vision).
3. Residents feel safe and have the opportunity and knowledge to reach out for support resources.
4. Residents are empowered to use resources to live an active and healthy lifestyle.
5. Residents understand good nutrition and have local access to healthy food choices.
6. Residents understand and make decisions based on healthy relationships and healthy lifestyles.
How you can Help
To reach our goal, we need your help. The strategies proven to work are those that connect communities to their schools: parent involvement; literacy volunteers in the classroom; mentors for disadvantaged students; business leaders engaged in early childhood advocacy. Volunteer to help. Contact our Volunteer Program Manager today to learn more about programs in Jackson County that are making a difference - firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-522-5450.